Wednesday 30 May 2007

Confess your sins online now

Now, people are confessing their sins from the comfort of their home. "Bless me father for I have sinned." Most Christians are familiar with traditional means of confession in a booth or face-to-face in a church. But now, the internet highway may be the road to salvation. You can just type away your sins on website "www.ivescrewedup.com".Pastor Gramling and several other church members decided the Internet was a way to reach out.They had never expected the reaction. More than one thousand mea culpa's have poured in since the site went up on Easter Sunday. All are kept anonymous. And the Church leaders screen the confessions before they are posted.One person confessed to stealing $15 thousand from family members. Another wrote, "I hate myself, the way I look, the way I think, the way I feel, everything!"Jus like in the movie Bruce Almighty, actor Jim Carey plays God and is quickly fed up with the amount of e-mail he's getting. Unlike Carey who sends a blanket e-mail response, the flamingo road church doesn't respond at all. Believing that if your confession is sincere god is listening. Or in this case reading, and most importantly forgiving.

No comments: